Friday, October 3, 2008

Introductory Assignment: Personal Collage/Mask

Thanks to Gary for sharing this assignment.

"I'm always looking for new ideas and approaches.... I found a variation of this assignment on-line and adapted it to my Stagecraft and Speech 1114 class. I always use it as a first assignment because it allows me to get to know the student more quickly, it seems to "bond" the class it seems to build a type of "cohesion" among the group and the students really seem to get involved---(imagine the intensity of a young child coloring with the tongue hanging out etc. being totally involved with the project and oblivious to anything going on around him/her).

On the due date, I have them get up in front of the class and explain why they did what they did. They don't really realize at the end of that class that they have given an informal speech using a visual aid."

No comments:

Post a Comment